Friday 12 March 2010

Ocean...

Although I haven't worked on any of the 'ocean' ideas that arose from the seaside stamps in my last post, the thought process I described led to the words & an earlier version of the canvas below.

I started with the word 'ocean' & wrote the words that came to mind... vast, unending, waves crashing, rolling gently... were a few of the first things I thought of. It was the contrasting characteristics that appealed to me, that I chose to develop.


Just playing around with the words led to phrases that gradually strung together. I have done a couple of much simpler versions before, but each time my ideas develop. The process of 'getting there' is just as important as the end product for me.


Hear the ocean, wild yet calm...

I hear the ocean at my feet
I feel the pain in your heart

waves crashing, thundering emotion 
vast, unending, rolling gently
swim with the tide...

Let me engulf you, comfort, protect you
The power of the ocean can lift you again


(24 x 36 inches)
£150 plus p&p



You can read a more detailed description about the process & techniques involved in creating this canvas here


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hunnie this is beautiful, i can almost feel the seaspray x

KaHolly said...

Ahhh, yes! This is most fascinating. I look forward to checking out more, but right now the ocean is calm, the winds are down, and the smell of the sea is calling me out of doors. This time of year, we don't often awaken to a morning such as this! Visit my blog, Down in the Hollow at http://ksdoolittle.blogspot.com to see where I live! ~karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...