Thursday 4 August 2011

Live, Love, Laugh, & doing it to death!


A request... those hearts you do.... maybe long & narrow-ish.... to go above the bed... whatever you think...

Any words on?.... no...umm, maybe.... if you like... you choose... 


So I asked for the paint used on the walls & decided a 120cm x 40cm canvas... and of course, I couldn't resist adding a few words, so suggested these... turned out quite well don't you think?!

And then, later, checking through photographs, thought I'd try a few prints....


 ... on A4 canvas, both with the "love" and without...


...and then removing colour... I LOVE the charcoal grey... 


... and then wondered what canvas for inkjet would be like to write on...
it works a treat! 
What a convenient way for folk to have personalised calligraphy 
for weddings, engagements or anniversaries!

Various combinations of print size and colour options have found their way to my shop suziscribbles on etsy. I've done some 'live, love, laugh' fridge magnets which are still to list & am thinking about cards... only thinking at the moment tho, lol! 

Talk about "having an idea & doing it to death"!! Sometimes it's quite fun just working through all the possibilities for one thing, rather than trying to conjure up 'new' ideas all the time... mind you i don't really have problems with new ideas, it's finishing off (or even starting) the ones i already have that needs some working on!  


5 comments:

Rose said...

That is such a lovely design! The idea of a painting over a bed is a nice one, I shall have to think some more..... Maybe some nice waves in the same sort of style - with a hint of horse.....?

sam brightwell said...

I love these, Suzi. Absolutely scrumptious. I always think there is so much feeling and sensuality in your art. Perfectly fitting for this subject matter.

Hope you're well, chook. x

Suzi Smith said...

Thanks you two!! So much better in real life tho i say it myself.
i always think of it as trying to capture/show emotion in what i do sam... always helps when someone says they can see/feel it x

Lol rose... think need mel for horsey bits & i can splash waves... but funny have had an idea along those lines for ages but not sure can do what is in my head yet... hmmm... got me thinkin...

Ruthie Redden said...

Suzi, this is stunning, what a wonderful idea! x

Rose said...

While I think Mel would do beautiful horses in the waves, I think you would too - not fully rendered horses but the suggestion of the spirit horses - an ear here, a mane or tail there or even a leg or hoof or the line of a back.... The subtle suggestion of magic if the eye looks closely enough. Is it there or not?

*grin*

I have no idea what you would charge for an original canvas but that would be the one I would like to discuss with you.... Definitely after the wedding.... maybe in the New Year.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...