Thursday 23 August 2012

Angel Wings 2


When I did the "On Angel Wings" canvas I worked on a second canvas at the same time... it served as somewhere to test ideas, which is quite a good job, as the gorgeous earthy ink i sprayed on was decidedly pink, and even more so when i washed it off... quite a happy accident though, it looks great for a different piece of work!

8 x 19.5 inches / 20 x 50 cm

I found some copyright free images of angel statues that suit these colours really well. I had thought the 2nd canvas could be left as it is.... maybe...  but as you see from the photograph, the words 'disappear' and will need darkening up, and as I look at it now I have an idea of adding a bit more to balance it up a bit.


There's a bit of an uncomfortable space under 'soar'... i knew as soon as i wrote the first couple of words on the next line that i'd misjudged where to start! Once over I may have lost heart in it there & then & painted the whole lot out, but I've learned that it is nearly always possible to rescue any piece of work. What I'll do is add something else on the right, which will also add some 'weight at that side to balance with the image.... of course as soon as i darken the lettering the whole thing will look different again. Hmm.... decisions, decisions...

4 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

I actually like the spacing... : )

Suzi Smith said...

lol.... & i'm now thinking i like the pale lettering, just need to pale the image a touch!!

Unknown said...

how about some angel wings? Suzi, I cant stop thinking of Angels. I think I need to make more Angel jewellery with seaglass for some reason, I'm all muddled up!! lol.

And can you write the words, as I cant see them.

Suzi Smith said...

Actually i'm thinking i might add some layers of writing..

Donna... there's a link in the 1st line to the other canvas i did with these words... where it says "on angel wings " i've written them out on there x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...