Monday 9 December 2013

Foxnest

Sometimes you just stumble across something that really resonates, don't you? One of my photographs shared a treasury with the image below recently....

Flying Dreams


The name of this artist is Flora McLachlan & she has a shop on etsy called 'Foxnest'
~I loved it even before I looked any further!


Foxfire

It just keeps getting better... look closely at that central seed-head below....

Shelter from Grey Weather

Flora says,

"In my prints, wild creatures are guarded by thorns and nestled in undergrowth;
 the forest is cage and sanctuary. The moon shines silver between the dark trees, 
and the scent of leaf-mould contains life and death."


The White Hart

"I have been printing, mostly etching, for thirteen years. 
I make pictures of visions I would like to see, using memories and sketchbook studies of familiar woodlands. I'm on a quest for the white hart..."

Winter Moon
All photographs © Flora McLachlan 

You can find Flora's fabulous etchings at 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slows the breath.. Beautiful.

Suzi Smith said...

it certainly does x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...