Friday 7 December 2012

Cloths of Heaven



 Canvas size: 10 x 12 x 1.75 inches / 25 x 30 x 3 cm



The Cloths of Heaven by WB Yeats

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

available to purchase in here the shop

I've used gold gouache for the lettering with splashes of gold & silver powder & paint. Aluminium leaf, 22ct gold leaf, & metal leaf form a textural strip of 'cloth'. The layered dark blues form a midnight blue backdrop.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Lovely as always! Really nice metallic paints - bet they look even better in person!

brandi said...

~in those dreams...sigh...they hold so much and its in those dreams that help carry us on...so beautiful my dear friend...much love light and blessings~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...