Friday 26 April 2013

Ocean Loving Bookworm...

Did you know that "bookworm" in Finnish is "kirjatoukka"? or that in French it is "rat de biblioteque" ie library rat? Well now you do... It's written here on an old dictionary page that includes the  french/english translation



And did you know "merisielu" in Finnish translates as "ocean soul"... someone who has a deep affinity for the sea & is at home there. The french/english translation for 'ocean' is on this page. I like the idea of there being a word on the printed page that relates to what I may write.



I get led on some fascinating journeys of discovery as I follow clues in the requests I get. As I double checked the definitions I'd been given I found these lyrics... 

Merisielu
Yksi yö lisää
Sietää tämä painajainen
Mitä muuta minun täytyy sanoa
Itku vuokseni ei koskaan ollu kyyneleen arvoinen
Yksinäinen sieluni on ainoastaa pelolla täytetty
Pitkät tunnit yksinäisyyden
Välissä minun ja meren
Tunteen kadotus
Antaumuksen löytäminen
Tulisiko minun puketua valkoiseen ja etsiä merta
Kuten olen aina toivonut - Yhtä aaltojen kanssa
Merisielu
Kulkien vuorovesilinjaa
Kuulen nimesi
Enkelitkö kuiskailevat
Jotain niin kaunista joka satuttaa
Toivoin ainoastaan tulevani joksikin kauniiksi
Lävitse musiikkini, lävitse hiljaisen antaumukseni.


Ocean Soul

One more night
To bear this nightmare
What more do I have to say
Crying for me was never worth a tear
My lonely soul is only filled with fear
Long hours of loneliness
Between me and the sea
Losing emotion
Finding devotion
Should I dress in white and search the sea
As I always wished to be - one with the waves
Ocean Soul
Walking the tideline
I hear your name
Is angels wispering
Something so beautiful it hurts
I only wished to become something beautiful
Through my music, through my silent devotion

One day I will just have to do a full piece with these.... especially after reading more about Tuomas Holopainen who wrote them...

~ tuomas holopainen ~ 


sorry for that little distraction *sigh*

back to book pages...


The first drafts were with watercolour: I like the muted tones with my photograph of old book spines... I think it conjures up the image of an old library or study, walls lined with bookshelves...& the unique scent as you turn ancient pages...




I was just looking back at the title & thought..
 Ocean loving bookworm, gsoh, wltm... 
there's my lonely hearts ad started if I ever need one!
How would your ad go?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...