Sunday 30 June 2013

Remembering My Mother ~ Poem

A little while ago, these canvasses were heading in a slightly different direction
but as always, they eventually told me the way to go... 
once i stopped thinking so much and tuned in to who they were for... 
the Mom being remembered...


in my mind were the colours of the white shores of Hawaii...
i printed some photos for colour inspiration...
don't you just love how the colours on the print have run & merged together? 


They are to form the background for the poem
 "Remembering My Mother" by Belinda Stotler...


just trying different ways to emphasise the last verse...
& then doing something totally different!
Actually it combines both ideas & I could see from the roughs where I needed to be.


Even when a death is not unexpected, it can still be incredibly hard for those left behind,
but this poem gave a little comfort through it's words...


Their Mom & Dad used to spend time together in Hawaii... 
on 'those white shores across the sea'...


There are many layers of colour & texture in these, giving plenty of depth in the background,
also the blue line of acrylic & the white splashes are raised adding even more...


two canvasses the same, or at least very similar.... 
one for my customer & one for her sister



Remembering My Mother
by Belinda Stotler

My Mother seems so far away from me,
On that beautiful white shore across the sea.

Yet I remember love’s soft glow upon her face,

And the feel of her touch and tender embrace.



When I am weary from the burdens I’ve borne,
And the path is unclear and I feel so forlorn,
I remember her loving support was always near,
And her advice made the path ahead seem clear.


When I feel there is no one who seems to care,
Or when the heartache seems too hard to bear,

I remember how she always stood by my side,
And would tenderly wipe away the tears I cried.


When there are moments of great joy and pride,
And I wish my Mother was standing at my side,

I remember she saw more than I thought I could be,
And know I owe my triumphs to her belief in me.


When I reminisce about the things she used to say, 
And I miss her and think she is so far away,

I remember what she gave lives on through me,
And one day I’ll see her on the shore across the sea.







2 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

yes, there is that wonderful moment when I just get out of the way and let the piece make itself... : ) this is great!

Suzi Smith said...

Thanks C... sometimes it's easier than others isn't it!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...