Saturday 8 March 2014

Woven Words...



 Things have been busy here but  this is one little experiment I tried a little while back…. Strands of old writings taken and woven into something new… hints of what has been that could have been discarded… textures mingled… random words… does it make sense? no. does it matter? no.
Just words & phrases tossed into a pool of pattern…. jumbled confusion? perhaps, but not unless you try & make sense of it.


I rarely throw roughs or scraps of paper away… at least not until they have been cut or torn & stuck or over written or stamped or collaged or…. something. And even then they get "filed" until much much later I find them bent & dog-eared beyond redemption. I was tearing this draft with the idea of making torn squares of text to collage onto other pieces. That will wait a while, cos I'm liking the effect of this!


4 comments:

Suzi Smith said...

S~ i don't think you can make sense of something that doesn't make sense. you're not cracking up i'm sure. stay strong. flow. i'll write xo

Ms Scarlet said...

I like it!
Definitely very you.
I have been reading your blog for some time!
Sx

Suzi Smith said...

good to see you ms s…. i often read you too x

Fiona Dempster said...

Ah, another one who can't bear to throw scraps out…I like the patterns it makes here as well as the mystery...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...