Tuesday 15 October 2013

Custom Favourite Song Remembrance Canvas

I'm getting quite regular requests for a canvas in memory of someone.... this time with a favourite song & an owl photograph because "she always loved owls". We decided on layers of lettering, quite a neutral look, with one main phrase standing out.


I have found that applying a layer of gesso to the canvas is easier to write on, but have only recently discovered that sanding it down a little gives a lovely surface.... I can get much sharper lettering now. For this one I kept adding layers of colour, sanding, more colour... a few lines of the song.... sanding... more lettering... sanding.... colour... lettering etc etc. I love the distressed effect....



I didn't get the photograph til  much later, & tho we loved the background, 
we didn't feel the photo was quite right with it for where it was to go....


... until I converted to sepia and added the final touches!


It's quite a touching tribute, combining their mother's favourite song 
and a photo of something she loved... 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...