Friday 25 October 2013

Ooops, spilled the gold powder again....

... but at least it landed on a couple of canvasses this time instead of on the floor!

When two souls have finally found each other there is established between them 
a union which begins on earth & continues forever in heaven
~Victor Hugo~

Ever since I did the Yeats poem, "He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven", I've had a steady stream of requests for work to be done in the same colour scheme. So last time I set out to paint a few backgrounds in one go. The idea was to be prepared next time someone asked for dark blue & gold.


The thing was, these extra large 'starbursts' of gold magically appeared when I was delicately(?) scattering stardust around!! 


I thought I'd be better off choosing some words that seemed to suit them

 Burial Prayer

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning hush
I am the uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in flight.
I am the soft stars at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.


These two are in the shop, but next time, I'll definitely do some spare!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...