Monday 26 May 2014

An Arty Card for a Teenager...

… that sleeps at every opportunity!

 "I don't take naps…. I take horizontal life pauses"

I've had these backgrounds painted for a while, so when my sister made a request for this brilliant quotation, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. All I had to do was pick a colour!


Then my niece decided that they'd make perfect 'Thank you' cards for her teachers…. of course she only let me know the day before she needed them. Kids eh! 


She was right though…. they're a perfect non-conventional extra special card
that can say anything that you want them to.


I love the freedom of making gestural marks reminiscent of writing but without the need for words.


 I even used up my last piece of fuchsia coloured paper for her [you owe me H!] It's such a shame…. I'll have to order some more paper now *smile*. It was a touch bright to go with the raspberry ribbon, but sanwaa tissue over the top toned it down just enough. 




2 comments:

Fiona Dempster said...

ahhh…gestural marks like writing but not - I love them too! Great cards, a lucky niece.

Suzi Smith said...

Thanks Fiona… great fun to do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...