Wednesday 2 July 2014

Workspace Wednesday

This is the room that is being turned into my studio…. The bed comes with the house & there's really nowhere else to store it. So if I can't move it, I'm going to make use of it!


 I moved a writing desk from downstairs and covered it with a large cutting mat which is still in pristine condition (I'm sure that won't last long). A piece of board found in the garage, just to say stretches across the bed to balance on a stack of plastic drawers, that are luckily a similar height to the desk. Paper supplies are currently stacked under the bed. 
I'll probably cover the mattresses with some more board & possibly construct another work surface to straddle the bottom end of the bed to make it more of a usable space rather than just somewhere to dry canvasses!


All this stuff...


… is now stashed in the huge wardrobe. Some cheap shelving units turn the hanging space into great storage for all sorts of bits n pieces. No doubt things will get moved again as I get organised, but I'm feeling really pleased with things so far :-)


I am worried about the floor though… the carpet is new so I'm going to have to cover it, especially where I will be painting & writing. Not sure whether to get some lino down or use the rolls of sticky film that decorators use…. hmm….

2 comments:

Ms Scarlet said...

I have lots of my stuff stuffed in a sideboard... old kitchen furniture etc.
I don't think I could cope with the bed in my studio... It'd probably slowly disintegrate with help from some cutting tools.
Sx

Suzi Smith said...

It's becoming a large shelf… aka dumping ground for *stuff*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...