Sunday 5 September 2010

A Copper Sun...

Here are a couple of coppery canvasses that I've just finished...

 90 x 35 cm

Aeons ago before life had begun
Love existed 'neath a copper sun
Creation's explosion put time in motion
Now life exists 'neath a copper sun


 Both are done in acrylic, with copper powder dropped into the wet lettering. I used a glue gun to adhere copper leaf.... gorgeous shiny raised strands of light....

40 x 30 cm

Copper Sun whose tender rays bring forth the harvest
brings me comfort and warms my autumn years


For this one, the words 'copper sun', is metallic copper paint. The lettering on both is done with ruling pens... a folded one for the italic & a draughtsman's for the capitals.

They have been delivered to 'A Box of Delights' Gallery in Thirsk, North Yorkshire... just in time for a new Autumn display Bridget is planning. Hopefully, they won't remain there for too long!

5 comments:

brandi said...

~delighted to see your post this morning...gorgeous both in color and words...i think not...these will be gone as fast as one could blink! a beautiful tribute to autumn...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Suzi Smith said...

mmm, i hope so... i hadn't realised how long it is since posting anything... but i have had quite a few projects on the go, still to blog about lol x

Laura said...

I am partial to all things coppery...including my own hair color (by choice). It makes me feel happy, the warmth and sun shine quality of copper. Thanks so much for reading my recent posts, for your constant support. I do hope one day to make it over to your side of the pond and when I do, I will try and find you. I would love to sit for tea and talk heart to heart in person...and of course if you are ever here in the US...in New England, you MUST come stay with us!!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful works..good luck with the gallery..although methinks you wont need it..i imagine, like faerwillow, they'll be gone in a blink..

Ed Pilolla said...

copper sun with tender rays works really well. i really like the color sensation you've got here, a lot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...