Tuesday 5 November 2013

Some Quotes from Einstein...

I was just flicking through some quotations & came across these from Albert Einstein. They've just gone on my "to do" list!

'Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world. 
All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it'.


‘To know what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull facilities can comprehend only in the most primitive forms, this knowledge, this ‘Feeling’, is at the centre of true religiousness in this sense and in this sense only I belong to the ranks of the devoutly religious men’ 


"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift 
and the rational mind is a faithful servant. 
We have created a society that honors the servant 
and has forgotten the gift." 


~Albert Einstein~






2 comments:

ersimarina said...

The third quote stopped me on my (reading) tracks. All three of them are wise and insightful but the third seems so obvious that it makes you wonder why you hadn't thought of it before. (In my case, probably because I'm not a genious...) Thanks for sharing.

Suzi Smith said...

Know what you mean ersi! I heard a version of that quote ages ago about the mind being like a faithful butler that thinks he knows better than you, so sometimes you have to fight to listen to your true inner voice.... it must have been based on this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...